Welcome to Phoenix Charter Academy!
Phoenix Charter Academy (PCA) is a K–12 independent study, home school charter, in northern California. PCA provides a voluntary public educational choice for families who want to educate their children in a home environment. We believe that individual differences and the uniqueness of each child are to be supported and celebrated. Our mission is to serve students through personalized learning and to support parental choice in education. We encourage all students to strive for academic excellence.
We serve all of Shasta County and the contiguous counties!
To complete enrollment, students must have completed the following and have the appropriate forms on file:
- Student Registration and Demographic Information
- California School Immunization Record & TDap for grades 7-12.
- Copy of Birth Certificate, Passport, Social Security Card, Hospital Certificate, or Affidavit of Home Birth
- School transcripts (High School only)
- Attendance copy from current or prior school required so PCA can review for excessive excused and unexcused absences
- Special Education document (Individual Education Plan – IEP, or 504), if applicable
- Oral Health Assessment Form (Dental check-up due by May 31st of student’s first year in public school
Upon Notification of Enrollment at PCA
- SCANTRON assessment
- Student must maintain enrollment in current school until notification of enrollment with PCA
- Students must complete withdrawal procedure from current school and high school students must bring a copy of withdrawal grades to Registrar
- Master Agreement (to be completed with teacher at your first meeting)
- Acknowledgement of Responsibilities (also to be completed at your first meeting)
We are accredited through WASC
(Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
Students will be considered for admission without regard to actual or perceived disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code or association with an individual who has any of the aforementioned characteristics. Enrollment preference will be given to siblings of currently enrolled students with PCA. Parent/guardian will guarantee that the information represented in the application and the signed parent agreement is accurate. If any information is misrepresented in the application, the child will be subject to dismissal. We will encourage new students entering PCA to perform well academically and behaviorally while enrolled with PCA. The student agrees to follow behavioral standards outlined in the Student/Parent Handbook.