This page provides you with general information about CPS instructors and guidelines.
Our C.P.S. (Community Partnership Services) program is designed to supplement core curriculum with extracurricular opportunities. Consult with PCACV teachers for more detailed information about specific CPS course instructors. Parents must submit requests for CPS courses to their teacher of record by the stated deadlines, unless the parents pay for the course in full.
PCACV is very pleased to be able to offer Community Partnership Service (CPS) to your children. In order to provide these programs to all students, we ask that you carefully review the following guidelines and requirements for participation in PCACV’s CPS programs. These provisions are designed to ensure that everyone has the same understanding of what is being offered to PCACV students, how participation in the program works, and what responsibilities are required of parents and students for continued participation. Please direct any questions regarding the CPS program to your PCACV teacher of record, who will be happy to assist you with this program.
1. The school will pay up to $100 per student per month during the school year for a CPS class selected from our approved CPS list. The school will not pay for any non-contracted classes that your child participates in.
2. Parents and students must communicate with their teacher no later than the 25th of the month preceding the month they wish to begin a vendor. This allows the teacher time to submit a purchase order to the vendor so the student may begin classes the first week of the month.
3. If a student and his or her parents/guardians elect to participate in a CPS program that has a monthly fee greater than the allotted amount, the parent agrees to pay the CPS the difference on a monthly basis. If the CPS informs the school that the parent is not making the required monthly copayments, PCACV will no longer provide the student with the privilege of attending any CPS program until the provider notifies the school that the account is reflecting a paid status. PCACV supports our vendors and their attempts to collect payment for their services.
4. CPS programs will be available from September through May of each school year.
5. Students will be allowed to start a new program at the beginning of the month following their approval for the program. Newly enrolled students must wait until the first full month after approval. A student may not start a lesson mid-month. PCACV may not cover any costs before purchase order approval is given.
6. Registration, insurance, uniforms, and other miscellaneous charges are the responsibility of and are paid by the parents/guardians. PCACV pays for the instructional costs only.
7. Students enrolled in a CPS program agree to attend ALL program(s) as scheduled. Any student who will be absent from a scheduled program is expected to call the partnership provider. The provider may elect to reschedule a session if their schedule allows.
8. If a student misses three (3) sessions per semester, or more than two (2) lessons per month, they lose the privilege of attending CPS programs for the remainder of the school year.
9. Students participating at area gyms are required to attend at least two (2) times per week if they are in grades K–8, and three (3) times per week for high school students. If students do not attend for the minimum amount of time, they lose the privilege of attending CPS programs for the remainder of the school year.
10. In order to change, drop, or add a program, parents must contact their PCACV teacher first to make sure that the proper notifications are made. Students may only change providers once per semester.
11. The monthly fee for CPS participation may not in any way be redistributed. CPS funds are not banked or saved if they are not used. No student is required to enroll in a CPS program.
12. Students are evaluated at the end of each semester by the provider and that evaluation will become part of the students assigned semester grade.